Permits & Fees
To ensure all private and public activity on the public right-of-way is conducted in a safe manner that does not destroy public property the City issues various permits. In order to recover costs, a fee will be collected at the time of obtaining a permit. Links to various permit forms, and fees information can be found below:
Encroachment permits are required for most types of work within the public right-of-way. Right-of-way typically includes streets, sidewalks, and parkways behind the curb. Even when there is no sidewalk, the street right-of-way usually extends behind the curb. When in doubt check with the Public Works Department Engineering Division for the exact extent of the City's right of way or easements. Please note that whoever applies for the permit will ultimately be responsible for guaranteeing completion of any work started.
Transportation Wide Overweight Load Permit:
Small Wireless Communication Facility Permits:
All applications and supporting information, documentation, and other materials related to Small Wireless facilities in the Public Right of Way must be submitted.
Submittal For All Permits:
- Include in the Subject Line: Address of where the project will be.
- Provide scaled plan sketch with dimensions or site map (if applicable).
- Provide Traffic Control Plans (TCP) or Watch Manual
- Provide a valid copy of the contractor’s license.
- Provide a valid copy of the contractor’s city business license.
- Provide a certificate of liability insurance listing City of La Habra as additionally insured.
- Submit completed application to Engineering Division for plan check to: Engineering@lahabraca.gov
Permit fees are based on the type and amount of work involved. A cash deposit may be required to guarantee completion of the work, protection and/or repair of existing facilities, or to enforce compliance with restricted work hours. The cash deposit is fully refundable upon successful compliance with the terms of the permit.